[CentOS] Looking for kernel 2.6.11 source rpm

Sat Feb 25 19:59:40 UTC 2006
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:54:26AM -0400, Chris Mason (Lists) enlightened us:
>>
>>> Where could I get a source rpm for this kernel version?
>>>

>> CentOS 4 will always have a 2.6.9 kernel, so you'll have to go looking
>> elsewhere. Fedora might be an option.
>>
>> Matt
>>

> I got the 2.6.11-FC3 kernel, will see if I can build it.

If you're going to "break" things...  8-)  You might want to just head
over to kernel.org and get virgin source and do things the old fashioned
way.  Personally, Johnny and the others have made the yum packaging so
convenient that I haven't had to do this in quite some time.  Is there
some particular reason why you need a bleeding edge kernel or did you
just want to try it out for shizzles and giggles?

Cheers,