[CentOS] Upgrade of Centos 4.1 with 4.2 ISO disc

Mon Feb 27 22:37:58 UTC 2006
BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley at prodigy.net>

Jim Smith <jim_smith2006 at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- BRUCE STANLEY
 wrote:

> >> 'yum -y update' will update your system to 4.2. No need to
> >>upgrade/install.
>

>  Ever tried that over a 56k dial up?  That's why I would rather
>  ( if possible ) use the 4.2 ISO disc.

Perhaps you should have stated the obvious necessary info in the
beginning. Where did you get the 4.2 discs as they are too large to
download? Bought em?

  And,   I did state the obvious in my first post.

  'How (if possible) can you use the ISO disc to do an upgrade ....".

  This could be useful  no matter what the reasons are for wanting
  to do an upgrade install instead of a full  Format/Install over
  everything procedure.