[CentOS] Re: CentOS Digest, Vol 13, Issue 3

Fri Feb 3 12:40:46 UTC 2006
Allan Mayer <sctuser at comcast.net>

Message: 37
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:38:01 -0600
From: Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com>
Subject: [CentOS] Video card
To: centos at centos.org

I'm looking for the highest performance 2d/3d video card that is
supported out of the box by Centos 4.2 with open source drivers.  I
would need for both 2d and 3d to work.  No tv tuner, tv in, tv out etc.
is needed.

I think my best candidate would be a 9800 series radeon.  Any comments?

Thanks,
Steve

<<<

Hi all :)

Personally I would go with a Nvidia 6800 GT,
preffereably one made by Leadtech. Best bang
for the $$ performance wise, and the OS supports
it. ATI's clock faster, Nvidia's have more pipelines
and are just plain faster for most games.
(I only know about flight sim's, and FPS games here)

--
Allan Mayer

http://sctuser.home.comcast.net