[CentOS] Problems with IDE RAID on specific motherboard

Fri Feb 17 10:27:41 UTC 2006
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

On Thursday 16 February 2006 15:07, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Check, IDS cables, jumpers, BIOS settings.
>
> Also, download the .iso support CD from the manufacturer (western
> digital, seagte, etc)
> and boot with that CD, check SMART and hardware and re certificate your
> discs
> to be fault free.
>
> Then, try it again. I thinks its a hardware issue

So did I, for a full day. I replaced the hard drives completely, just to be
sure. I replaced the cable, twice. I checked and rechecked the BIOS settings.
As a strait system, it worked great. Add IDE-RAID - instant problems.

Thanks for considering it, though.

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978