[CentOS] Large partition problem

Harald Finnås

spamcatcher at lantrix.no
Tue Jan 3 14:58:07 UTC 2006

I really hope someone has a clue on this one.... :)

I've got a 2.2TB array mounted on a 3ware 9500 controller. I installed it
last week ensuring that LBA was enabled and using gpt with parted to get
the full size available on one array. I also think I chose reiserfs for
the array. We then moved ALOT of data to the array.

Problem now is that after a reboot LBA doesn't seem to be in effect. From
dmesg:

sdc : very big device. try to use READ CAPACITY(16).
SCSI device sdc: 4374845440 512-byte hdwr sectors (2239921 MB)
SCSI device sdc: drive cache: none
sdc : very big device. try to use READ CAPACITY(16).
SCSI device sdc: 4374845440 512-byte hdwr sectors (2239921 MB)
SCSI device sdc: drive cache: none
 sdc: sdc1
Attached scsi disk sdc at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 0
Attached scsi generic sg1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 7, lun 0,  type 0
Attached scsi generic sg2 at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 0

I can no longer mount sdc1; the error is the usual invalid superblock.
parted does however list the correct size and filesystem.

Any tips on how I can get the array mounted again? And what might have
changed since last boot? :) I've rolled my own kernel to get reiser
support, but I haven't recompiled or done any changes...

Regards,
Harald