[CentOS] Re: kde-3.5.0(kmail) is slow(er)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Jan 23 15:08:34 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 09:43, Rex Dieter wrote:

> > Kmail for one definitely feels slower, and the startup time IS longer.

> OK, I'll give you that kmail is slower.  However, I still have to say that
> KDE(3.5), in general, is (should be) faster.

Yeah, much of the rest feels about the same speed as before.

I'll have to say, and I'm not one to complain much, but there are times that
Kmail is dog slow; I am capable of >50 wpm typing speed, and there are many
times that Kmail is one or more full lines behind showing me what's being
typed.  It is infrequent; like, right now, it's not happening, but when it
does happen (typically after backspacing or some other editing operation) it
is very slow.  Problem exists for me at least with all Kmail since KDE 3.3's
and distributed with CentOS 4.  Again, 1GB RAM, Pentium M 1.7GHz, not a slow
machine.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology