[CentOS] Linux boot floppy to install over net

Tue Jan 3 16:39:52 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 1/3/06, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> With all this going on, it seems to me there MUST be a floppy image
> that will load the minimum shell (including PCMCIA drivers!) and all
> over-the-net installs (HTTP, FTP, of NFS).
>
> That would really help on one old notebook I have.
>
> Oh, and of course this is for CentOS 4.2!

Nope. No floppy images for the 4.x series. They just don't fit on
floppies anymore.
You can pxeboot though if the notebook is capable. It's a bit more
difficult to set up than "insert floppy" but it's not too rough.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT