[CentOS] Linux boot floppy to install over net

Tue Jan 3 22:07:17 UTC 2006
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

> jigdo ... I have seen that for debian.

Indeed, but there was a lot more in my post than merely jigdo.

> Why not just use bittorrent, do we really need a third way to get isos
> too?

Because bittorrent downloads everything from the net, while jigdo can put
together DVD images from CD images, or vice versa, or CD/DVD images from a
normal RPM mirror.  Bittorrent would require downloading everything of the
net in such a situation, while jigdo would download maybe 50MB for a
4CD set or DVD and get the rest from local sources (HDD/CD/DVD).

And why did I mention it?  I keep a local mirror of RPM packages but just
lately required both CD and DVD isos for friends, so I ended up
downloading _EVERYTHING_ again - seems VERY wasteful.  Especially
considering it's not much extra work, etc.

Cheers,
MaZe.