[CentOS] Large partition problem

Tue Jan 3 17:10:24 UTC 2006
Harald Finnås <spamcatcher at lantrix.no>

> > I think the box initially had suse or mdk installed which
> is
> > the main reason for using reiserfs.
>
> And I can understand that for your _existing_
> volumes/filesystems.  But for anything _new_, stick with the
> distro's kernel and its filesystem support.

I see your point, but the reason for choosing reiser was trying to be
consistent. I figured it might create ever bigger problems (from an admin
point of view, not the os) to mix the filsystems.

But IMHO, this seems like a kernel / partition type issue, not a
filesystem issue..? Or maybe I'm reading the output from dmesg
incorrectly?

> Yes, which is why multi-terabyte support is always an open
> question I don't like to leave to chance.

Good to know that all the other disks are larger than 1.6TB too then. ;)

Regards,
Harald