[CentOS] Compile vs. RPM

Wed Jan 11 20:08:13 UTC 2006
Bassett, Mark <Mark.Bassett at owh.com>

Since you all are still talking about compiling RPM's....

I am trying to get the sybase module loaded into php 5.0.4 from the
centosplus repository.

I cannot seem to get sybase.so to work at all.  I got it to work ok by
compiling it statically, however I can't seem to get the .so to work.

Here's what I get

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/modules/sybase.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sybase.so:
undefined symbol: dbversion in Unknown on line 0

Here's what I put in the spec file.

%package sybase
Group: Development/Languages
Requires: php = %{version}-%{release} sybase-openclient sybase-common
BuildRequires: sybase-openclient sybase-common

%description sybase
The sybase php connection libraries

%package sqlite
Group: Development/Languages
Requires: php = %{version}-%{release} sqlite
BuildRequires: sqlite-devel

%description sqlite
SQLite DSO for php

%package tidy
Group: Development/Languages
Requires: php = %{version}-%{release} libtidy
BuildRequires: libtidy-devel

%description tidy
Cleans up HTML code

Here's the error I get