[CentOS] Re: Re: kdewebdev aka Quanta or

Tue Jan 24 17:39:03 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 07:55 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> > I've been unable to install anything lacking the public key for the
> > repo.
> >
> > I tried (from kde-redhat.sourceforge.net)
> >
> > # rpm -ivh
> > http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca
> > Retrieving
> > http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/gpg-pubkey-ff6382fa-3e1ab2ca
> > Retrieving http://kde-redhat.sf.net/
> > error: skipping http://kde-redhat.sf.net/ - transfer failed - Unknown or
> > unexpected error
> >
> > and I'm stumped
>

> Hint:  use 'rpm --import' instead of 'rpm -i'
> (-:
----
this all works pretty well, I was able to install tidy and kdewebdev -
thanks.

I have one issue and it's a nutbreaker though...

I cannot deal with the 'Enable icon mouseover effects' which appears to
be a default option in this setup (KDE 3.5) via freenx as it is
incredibly painful. I tried to access it via...

Start -> Settings -> Desktop -> Panels
or
Kcontrol
and I get a blank window and all I can see is 'Defaults' 'Help' 'Apply'
'Reset' buttons and no options as I see in the same on my FC-4 KDE 3.5
where I notice that it was off.

This is an issue...I'll poke around in my home directory.

Thanks

Craig