[CentOS] Repository DAG is out

Tue Jan 31 15:14:46 UTC 2006
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

A good little trick is somethimes to flush the name server cache
supporting DNS lookup requests from the machine doing the yumming...

If there is any round robin DNS entries this could move the request onto
another server that might be ok.....

For example if you resolv.conf points to 127.0.0.1 for the name server
(i.e. your running bind on the machine you want to  yum) do a
service named restart

and try the yum again....

It has , on occasion, worked for me in the past

Pete