[CentOS] All screwed up

Mon Jul 24 21:32:07 UTC 2006

Sam Drinkard wrote:

> Jim Perrin wrote:
>>> Yep.. looking at /var/log/yum.log now and see what went away.  I don't
>>> recall having to do all this when I first installed clamav tho.  Seems
>>> it was just yum install clamav and clamav-server and then it just
>>> worked.  Hmmmm...  maybe the project folks can tell me where I'm goofy.
>>
>> Depends. From which repository are you installing clamav?
>>
> Jim,
>
>    I excluded the dag repo so it should be coming from extras or the
> "official" CentOS repos.  It's not a huge issue, but I don't like things
> that break that might be functional, especially on the mail server.

yum list clam*

that would be a good place to start, make sure you clean the yum
metadata ( yum clean metadata ), before this. to make sure you get the
freshest info.

once you have the list, you can then make a decision on how and what you
need to install. Clamav's packaging had a bit of a namespace change (
screwup? ) recently. its possible you are missing something critical due
to this move.