[CentOS] Raid Cards

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Fri Jun 9 14:28:29 UTC 2006

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Chris Mauritz wrote on Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:42:43 -0400:
>

>> 3Ware cards are so cheap
>>

> I wouldn't call them "cheap". At least here in Germany the "cheapest"
> 3Ware ATA I can find is an Escalade 7006 at EUR 114,--. That price is ok,
> but not "cheap" in my eyes. The cheapest SATA I can find is well over EUR
> 300,--. So the controller alone costs more than the 4 disks I can attach
> to it.
> How much do you pay in the US for 3Ware?

I guess cheap is in the eye of the beholder.  :-)  A 7006 here costs
about US$110.  When I say cheap, I guess I am comparing it to the "old
days" when you had to buy SCSI RAID controllers to get a real hardware
RAID device and then got the double penalty of then paying several times
the amount for storage compared to IDE disks.

Cheers,