[CentOS] Virtualhost, Alias & Subdomains

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 22:01:08 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 15:41 -0600, Dave J. Hornford wrote:
> I am having a problem with subdomains, alias & virtual hosts
> Centos 4.3, Apache 2.0.52 & PHP 5.04
> I can get the primary to work, but not the aliased servers.
> http.conf extract
> *********
> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName www.domain.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/domain/
> ServerAlias www.altdomain.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName subdomain.domain.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/subdomain/
> ServerAlias www.subdomain.altdomain.com
> </VirtualHost>

The name as used in the browser URL must match exactly what
you specify as the ServerName or a ServerAlias (you can have
more than one name there).  Are you sure everything is spelled
exactly right and you didn't omit the domain name in the
browser?  The first one in the list is used if nothing
matches.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com