[CentOS] Virtualhost, Alias & Subdomains

Dave Hornford dave.hornford at hornfordassociates.com
Fri Jun 9 22:12:35 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Mikesell [mailto:lesmikesell at gmail.com]
Sent: June 9, 2006 4:01 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Virtualhost, Alias & Subdomains

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 15:41 -0600, Dave J. Hornford wrote:
> I am having a problem with subdomains, alias & virtual hosts Centos
> 4.3, Apache 2.0.52 & PHP 5.04 I can get the primary to work, but not
> the aliased servers.
> http.conf extract
> *********
> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName www.domain.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/domain/
> ServerAlias www.altdomain.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName subdomain.domain.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/subdomain/
> ServerAlias www.subdomain.altdomain.com </VirtualHost>
> **********

The name as used in the browser URL must match exactly what you specify as
the ServerName or a ServerAlias (you can have more than one name there).
Are you sure everything is spelled exactly right and you didn't omit the
domain name in the browser?  The first one in the list is used if nothing
matches.

--
Les,

Thanks. In my testing I'm copying & pasting. I am getting the first in the
list.
You mention more than one.

Could I skip the alias part and enter:
ServerName www.subdomain.domain.com subdomain.domain.com