[CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jun 10 23:01:48 UTC 2006

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 17:15 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> For both of these, we will be happy to entertain changes that people
>> want ... but I don't think it is in our best interest to tell people
>> exactly how to build replacements for those, do you?
>
> Why not? Of course, it would not be good if people add their own
> background and dump it on the net. But I can see the use of making a
> custom Live CD. E.g. suppose that you someone would like to provide a
> class of biology students with a live CD that contains some
> domain-specific programs, so that they can run them without having to
> install Linux at home.

We publish all code and scripts we use for such stuff - and if users
want to, they have access to this - to use and deploy within the GPL
framework. What we do expect is that users who make this effort
contribute back to the community rather than just sponging ( is there
such a word ? ) off it.

its not always possible for the developers to be doing support and also
working on the backend stuff, so its nice to see some of the users come
up and help.