[CentOS] yum and python. grief and grief. CentOS 4.3

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 12:16:16 UTC 2006

> Maybe after work with FreeBSD I become too spoilt, but I expect that
> packages from one distribution kit works among themselves well. But
> that I see:

Nothing like biting wit to start the morning.

> $ rpm -qa | grep rpm
>
> rpm-libs-4.3.13_nonptl
> rpm-python-4.3.13_nonptl
> rpm-4.3.13_nonptl
> rpm-build-4.3.13_nonptl

Seems I've got the same versions you do. Couple additional packages,
but nothing major.
[jperrin at www ~]$ rpm -qa | grep rpm
rpm-libs-4.3.3-13_nonptl
rpm-build-4.3.3-13_nonptl
rpm-python-4.3.3-13_nonptl
rpmdb-CentOS-4.3-0.20060314
redhat-rpm-config-8.0.32.1-1
rpm-4.3.3-13_nonptl
rpm-devel-4.3.3-13_nonptl

> $python
> ImportError /usr/lib/librpm-4.3.so: undefined symbol: rpm_execcon

Yep. That's an error alright. However it works fine here.

[jperrin at www ~]$ python
Python 2.3.4 (#1, Mar 10 2006, 06:12:09)
>>> import rpm

Now call me  suspicious, but your python does not identify itself, and
you don't seem to list the python version. Did you upgrade python?

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be