[CentOS] yum and python. grief and grief. CentOS 4.3

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 21 12:25:13 UTC 2006

Jim Perrin wrote:
>> can you rpm -V the rpm packages ? is selinux enforcing ?
>
> I don't think it's an selinux problem, as the machine I tested on
> above is my webserver, and is actively using selinux. It let me do it
> just fine, and I double checked it a couple different ways to be sure.

ok accepted, it will work fine - yum needs this to work and it does work
fine either with or without selinux, but its easy for people new to
selinux to write policy that can kick their own butt - and in most
cases, blame everyone/ everything else.

there isnt enough info in there to predict what is going on - but a
driveby python or rpm hackerage seems to be to blame. Maybe thats how
they manage packages on FreeBSD :)

- KB