[CentOS] How do you set the refresh frequency for the X server?

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jun 26 15:08:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 10:40 -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> Bill:
>
> > Here is some information I have used as background.
> >
> >     http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net/fbdev/HOWTO/3.html
>
> <snip>

>  However, when I set that to 60 (instead of the monitor's 56.0
> - 85.0 range), the problem didn't go away.  I probably also have to
> adjust the HorizSync entry, but I don't know to what exactly.

Using that HOWTO, I've been sporadically working on a script to generate
the params, but haven't quite finished it. So I'm no further help ATM.
If/when I get back to it and get something workable, I'll post. By
playing with the params mentioned in that doc in the fixed frequency
portion, I have managed to set various ranges, image move left/right,
gets chopped, etc. I'll power up that machine and take a look and see if
anything that looks like it might b e useful jumps out at me.

But I really think the postings on LFS or by Brian will be most useful,
or postings somewhere else on the WEB.

--
Bill