[CentOS] Syslog

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Tue Jun 27 19:30:37 UTC 2006

William L. Maltby wrote:

>>>Is this a default syslog config or has it been modified to maybe
>>>redirect to a logging box?  Have you messed with your SELinux stuff?

>>Nothing being written.  killed -1 named, and still have 0 in messages.
>>

>Your syslogd config file still intact?

Yes, /etc/syslogd.conf is still intact, and nothing has been changed at
all.  The problem apparently started at least on May 28, which is the
date of /var/log/messages.4, and it and all the rest are size of 0.
Just wondering if the last update I did had something to do with it.
According to the yum log,  a new kernel was installed on the 30th, and
between there and now, there have been a few updates to spamassassin,
mysql, mailman, mysql-server, kdebase and sendmail.  Nothing else updated.