[CentOS] Syslog

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Tue Jun 27 19:41:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 15:30 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:

> William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 15:02 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> >

> >>Jason Bradley Nance wrote:
> >><snip>

> >Your syslogd config file still intact?
> >

> Yes, /etc/syslogd.conf is still intact, and nothing has been changed at
> all.  The problem apparently started at least on May 28, which is the
> date of /var/log/messages.4, and it and all the rest are size of 0.
> Just wondering if the last update I did had something to do with it.
> According to the yum log,  a new kernel was installed on the 30th, and
> between there and now, there have been a few updates to spamassassin,
> mysql, mailman, mysql-server, kdebase and sendmail.  Nothing else updated.

Maybe a "find -type f -newer SomeFileName" in the /etc and /var
directories will get a pointer for you? If it's related to that install.

And maybe a "find / -name '*messag*'" just in case it's off in some
other (chrooted) directory? Any rpmsave or rpmnew files laying around
that might have been needed? Done a "dmesg"?

--
Bill