[CentOS] centos & mysql

Fri Jun 2 09:47:24 UTC 2006
Stephen A. Wright <s.wright at finecolour.co.uk>

Hi everyone, as a newbie to linux Im having a but of a problem getting
up and running.  Hopefully one of you you can point me in the right
direction.  I have installed Centos4 on an old server here at work as a
dev box, installation went well, and I have mysql up and running.
However when I try and connect from my laptop using mysql administrator
I get an error saying "the host is not allowed to connect to this
server" I tried disabling the firewall to see if that helped and it made
no difference.  I also tried pinging the server and that was fine.

I tried connecting using the servers ip, name localhost and password as
blank.

When im logged in a root on the server this allows be to login ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Steve