[CentOS] Changing from dynamic ip to static ip

Mon Jun 12 22:53:26 UTC 2006
Thomas E Dukes <edukes at alltel.net>

Hello,

I have been on a dynamic ip for about 5 years and have just upgraded to a
static ip.

I know I need to change my network setup on my eth0 nic to static and stop
ddclient from trying to update my address but is there _really_ anything
else I need to change.  I have a couple of websites on this address using
*:80 in my httpd.conf.  I can easily change this but don't think it would
really make any difference if I don't.

Also, my ISP is using different lingo than what linux uses.  I suspect they
think everyone runs Windoze.  Can anyone decipher this for me, my ISP tech
support has already gone for the day.

IP Addresses: 	71.30.117.0/30
Netmask: 	255.255.255.252
Router IP: 	71.30.117.1         <---------------  This
Useable IP's: 	71.30.117.2   <---------------  and this

My ip address, if I do an ifconfig, is 71.30.117.1.  This has me a little
confused as they tell me my ip address is 71.30.117.2

TIA