[CentOS] PERL module woes

Fri Jun 2 07:32:16 UTC 2006
Daniel de Kok <danieldk at pobox.com>

Hi Niki,

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:22 +0200, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> I want to give DVD::RIP 0.97.10 a try. I enabled rpmforge and kbs repos,
> but there's only 0.52.2 available, which has an annoying bug in it.

Let me give this a completely different shot: does fixing the bug take
substantial changes, or is it fairly simple to fix? If so, I guess it is
best to rebuild 0.52.2 with the source RPM, adding the patch. This will
avoid all the Perl module upgrade havoc.

As for upgrading/installing via CPAN: I wouldn't do it. I have seen it
break things earlier, and it makes system/package administration a lot
more difficult.

-- Daniel