[CentOS] PERL module woes

Fri Jun 2 08:34:15 UTC 2006
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Le vendredi 02 juin 2006 à 09:32 +0200, Daniel de Kok a écrit :
> Let me give this a completely different shot: does fixing the bug take
> substantial changes, or is it fairly simple to fix? If so, I guess it
> is
> best to rebuild 0.52.2 with the source RPM, adding the patch. This
> will
> avoid all the Perl module upgrade havoc.

Hi Daniel,

I'd say that if there is someone to blame, it's the guy who coded
DVD::RIP in the first place. So far, it's the best DVD ripping app
around, but it's a pain! in! the! ass! to build. Why depend on a myriad
of exotic PERL modules in the first place? Things would be so much more
simple for everyone if it was just plain GTK2.

But then, as we say in my native Austria: if my grandmother had wheels,
she would be a Greyhound bus, and I could go on travel with her.

Cheers,

Niki