[CentOS] Re: Failed VNC Install

Sat Jun 10 18:03:54 UTC 2006
Brett Serkez <bserkez at gmail.com>

> Installing a new system, I launched the install:
<snip>
> All went well until the actual installation started.  I saw the
> formatting of the swap partition, then the root file system and then I
> was suddenly disconnected.
<snip>

As a follow up....  I booted off of the CentOS live CD and then used
fsck to force a check of the file system, which looked like it was
fully formatted.  The live CD had already mounted the swap partition,
so I presumed that was ok.

I then restarted the installation, except instead of using

linux vnc

I used

linux askmethod vnc

and I also set the partitions to be left formatted as is.  Otherwise,
I made exactly the same selections.  This time the install was
perfect.

I suspect that the install didn't know to look on the CD, which is why
I added askmethod, based on some research, but I don't know if this
was the issue or something happened at the end of the format.

Anyone else have this issue?  Any insights?

Thanks!

Brett