[CentOS] Re: Failed VNC Install

Sun Jun 11 23:01:53 UTC 2006
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Brett Serkez spake the following on 6/10/2006 11:03 AM:
>> Installing a new system, I launched the install:
> <snip>
>> All went well until the actual installation started.  I saw the
>> formatting of the swap partition, then the root file system and then I
>> was suddenly disconnected.
> <snip>
>
> As a follow up....  I booted off of the CentOS live CD and then used
> fsck to force a check of the file system, which looked like it was
> fully formatted.  The live CD had already mounted the swap partition,
> so I presumed that was ok.
>
> I then restarted the installation, except instead of using
>
> linux vnc
>
> I used
>
> linux askmethod vnc
>
> and I also set the partitions to be left formatted as is.  Otherwise,
> I made exactly the same selections.  This time the install was
> perfect.
>
> I suspect that the install didn't know to look on the CD, which is why
> I added askmethod, based on some research, but I don't know if this
> was the issue or something happened at the end of the format.
>
> Anyone else have this issue?  Any insights?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brett
I have used the vnc install options many times, but could never get it to run
headless "and" use the cd. I always had the media check prompt before vnc came
on. It works with every other install method I tried.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and