[CentOS] Old (really old) programs under CentOS.

Sun Jun 11 02:52:08 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 21:26, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Now, I've thought about a couple of possibilities:
> 1.)    QEMU or VMware or similar running a RH5.2 instance under CentOS 4;
> 2.)    Running a libc5 setup on CentOS 4.  I'd rather do this, as security fixes would at least be available.

I'd expect the VMware route to be completely painless and have
the least surprises.  It doesn't make much sense to throw extra
work at something with no future.  Security fixes probably won't
help with the parts you have to keep running anyway - just
firewall access to anything else.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com