[CentOS] yum install nagios, adding dag repository

Tue Jun 20 23:11:10 UTC 2006
Max H. <btmanmeh at verizon.net>

karl at klxsystems.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running an Opteron 64 bit server, and in an effort to re-join it to my
> nagios monitoring, I have tried the install nagios via Yum.
>
> When I type:
>
> yum install nagios, or nagios-nrpe, or nagios-plugins, I get:
>
> "Nothing to do". as output.
>
> In wanting to add the DAG repository to my machine, the documentation i've
> come across seems vague.
>
> Can someone advise me on either of these issues?
>
> I have come across the following HOWTO, but it kind of jumps around a bit,
> and the if/else logic is too hard to decipher.
>
> http://www.maxsworld.org/?page_id=115
>
> Any help is most appreciated...

I apologize for my how-to not being very detailed about setting up Dag's
repo, but it was intentionally geared toward Nagios, not Dag. I simply
create a dag.repo file which looks like:

[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository For Red Hat Enterprise Linux
baseurl=http://dag.atrpms.net/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/
         http://dag.freshrpms.net/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag/

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
         http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

I don't believe this is the preferred way to load Dag's packages,
however, thus the reason I mention to refer to the documentation for Dag
in the how-to.

I believe Dag's how-to for setting up access to his repo is to use
apt-get. So you install things this way, then substitute the "apt-get"
command for yum.

Max