[CentOS] CentOS-4.4 - Some major changes on the way

Wed Jun 21 09:23:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 18:08 +0200, Simon J Mudd wrote:

> > I would like to take the time to inform people that CentOS-4.4 will
> > contain some major changes.  The changes are significant enough that I
> > would like to spell out some of them now, probably at least a month
> > before the release of the upstream "EL4 update 4" is released.
>
> [snip changes]
>
> I assume from the comment that you make that these changes WILL be
> different to the versions expected to be distributed by RedHat?

As already quoted in another post ... the changes are upstream and going
to be released by them ...

With the exception of package updates (since we can not include rhn) all
packages released in CentOS base will be as released upstream.  To do
otherwise would not be possible :)