[CentOS] Apache config for php?

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Thu Mar 2 14:43:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 22:43 -0500, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, rado wrote:
>
> > hi!
> >
> > ...trying to get my feet wet w/php...
> > ok...I think I have to add something to the httpd.conf or something to
> > accept php???
> >
> > I want be able to embed php in html code...following along in php
> > freak's manual but can't get anywhere yet
> >
> if you have done
> [ root at radobox ~]# yum install php
>
> then do ....
> /etc/init.d/httpd restart
>
> it should configure it automatically for you.
>

> Then create a script in your document root such as....
>
> index.php
>
> <?php
> phpinfo();
> ?>
>

> you should see a bunch of information....
>
> At what stage are you stuck at ?
well, at least I ain't stuck w/just picking my nose now cuz that
index.php works just fine!!!

Oh my!, you guys are awesome!!
...ok now that that is established, php is indeed healthy in centos 4.2
right off the install w/out having to do anything at all but know what
you are doing.

My next and question, do y'all know any tutorials specific to 4.2 or at
least close...I am tired of goin blind reading about what happens in
windows and slackwhere.

of all the googling I have done on this, it took you guys to let me see
something of php on one of my test sites!!!

thx y'all,

John