[CentOS] Re: How Undo Yum Upgrade

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Mar 4 12:07:35 UTC 2006

John Thomas wrote:
> Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest ... reinstalling them with rpm, ...
>  > Then ...
>> run yum upgrade (make sure it's configured correctly) -
>
> Any thoughts on uninstalling the packages that were installed (as
> opposed to upgraded)?  Further, any thoughts on uninstalling before or
> after the downgrades?

for the time being, i'd suggest you also look at the output of 'rpm -qa
--last' very carefully.

and the rpm --oldpackage option might come in handy - you should not
need to uninstall anything, just move the pkgs to be installed into a
new directory and then use something like 'rpm --oldpackage -uvh *.rpm'

also, did you think about taking this issue up with the repository
maintainer ? These look like pkgs from atrpms - and Axel has been fairly
responsive recently to issues such as this.