[CentOS] Moving files to new server

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue Mar 7 00:15:49 UTC 2006

Chris Mauritz wrote:

> I do this too.   I keep a detailed log of anything "special" I had to do
> at install time.  Then, as time goes by, anything that's done over and
> above a "yum update" gets an entry as well.  These files are invaluable

In addition to a doc like y'all are talking about, I try and maintain
the tarballs/custom RPMs in /opt/src/, and the compiles of said tarballs
in /opt/build/. That gives you and instant clue (after years of not
looking at that server) what had to be done; an innd upgrade, custom PHP
compile, your own courier-imap RPMs, etc. Just an idea...

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com