[CentOS] Re: dovecot vs Cyrus-Imapd

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Sat Mar 25 00:48:57 UTC 2006

I have seen some instances where Dovecot stops responding on high end
servers.

I've also seen systems where Cyrus gobbles up resources when mailboxes
get large, to such an extent it cripples the machine.

My preference is Dovecot, it is very easy to setup and maintain.

I might be wrong here but I thought Cyrus has a user base separate to
the Unix accounts, which is either a PITA or a blessing depending on
what you want.  My experience is this would be a PITA but for 10,000
users this could be beneficial...

In each case I would stick with Dovecot...

P.