SELinux Problems (Was: [CentOS] Forum Decorum: a reminder seems appropriate.)

Rodrigo Barbosa rodrigob at
Thu Mar 30 04:00:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 08:47:16PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 22:43 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:21 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> > > In one of my CentOS machines (originally installed with 4.0, not 4.3),
> > > several of my files lost their selinux context information. Several
> > > others are with wrong values.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to restore the original selinux context on these files ?
> > > Maybe using RPM (even tho I don't think the value is stored on the
> > > RPM database, I'm not sure).
> >
> > fixfiles relabel
> ----
> that might be the mallet when all it needs is a little tap.

Not in my case. I mean, even /bin/bash was with wrong contexts until
a few days ago. And /etc/passwd :)

> that also requires a reboot doesn't it?

Not likely. I mean, yes, it would be recomended, but I'm pretty good
as changing things without needing to reboot, and I'm daring enough to
do it :) After all, it is not like this is an important machine. It is
just my company main internet server :)

- --
Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob at>

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)