[CentOS] Network card w/special module

Mon Mar 13 02:54:31 UTC 2006
Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com>

Hello, I have this cheap network card which insists on me compiling its own
sundance.ko module every time I update my kernel release. I had the poor
idea to leave nightly yum service enabled on this remote server, only to
find my network was gone at the following reboot. Had to go there, figure
out that kernel stuff is carefully avoided by up2date, but not so by yum
service, and rebuild.
Compiling and installing is just a matter of some simple commands, and in
the meantime I have disabled yum service. But I was wondering if there is
already some provision to automate building kernel version dependent
modules, or whatever. Should I hook on yum?
Thank you in advance!

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue