[CentOS] system hangs on boot

Tue Mar 28 16:47:47 UTC 2006
Fong Vang <sudoyang at gmail.com>

I have a couple of systems here that are refusing to boot after the
installation of CentOS 4.3 when done through Kickstart.  They boot
fine when installed from CD.  The boot hangs after grub loads the
kernel and initrd.  The cursor is still flashing. The strange thing is
that the same drive containing the OS installation boots fine when
moved to a slightly older system (older system uses Nacona CPU.  New
system uses Irwindale CPU.  Both use the same motherboard).

Any idea how to troubleshoot it at this point?  I've tried disabling
USB, APIC, etc. without much luck.

Thanks for any help.