[CentOS] ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY & IBM Thinkpad R40

Tue Mar 28 19:47:37 UTC 2006
Max H. <btmanmeh at verizon.net>

William L. Maltby wrote:

> It may be that you have to boot into the lower res but can get higher
> res after modules are loaded? Or modify initrd to include a needed
> module?

It'll let you make the change to 1280x1024 just fine, but the display
simply won't go. The default is to load DRI (direct rendering) modules,
but when I run glxinfo I get the following output stating it's actually
not on. Perhaps this is a reason for it not working, I'm not sure.

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No

This is way beyond my knowledge of X11, so I think for now I'm not going
to worry about it. I might Google a bit on how to turn on direct
rendering, if not it works fine with 1024x768...

Thanks again.

Max