[CentOS] howto mark bad block with fsck?

Wed Mar 8 05:29:09 UTC 2006
ijez <ijez at time.net.my>

Hi Paul,

> Toss the drive ... on modern drives they use bad sector relocation to
> map bad sectors to hidden sectors.  Once you start seeing bad sectors at
> the OS level the drive has run out of sectors to relocate to and is
> probably on it's way down the tubes.
>
> Regards,
> Paul Berger

Yes, I'm on the way to do that.. but I need to make sure it up at least for the weeks so I could have a time to rebuild the new one and restore the current backup.. currently, after a couple of hour or sometimes a day, the hdd was remount read-only automagicaly and the only solutions I do is reboot the server so it was properly mount read-write.. this will last for hours or day only, then I need to reboot again..

Thanks in advances,
Regards,
ijez