[CentOS] httpd not starting after 4.3 update

Fri Mar 24 00:51:00 UTC 2006
Troy Engel <tengel at fluid.com>

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> doesn't test SSL. All the SSL is in conf.d/ssl.conf, rename it to ssl.conf.stop or
> whatever you like and try again. Only .conf files are read.

I would not recommend renaming it; instead, edit the file and put a hash
(#) in front of all the lines. The reason is that a future upgrade of
mod_ssl will install a stock ssl.conf if it's missing, whereas if it's
present (and commented out) it will remain intact.

Same goes for any of the other conf.d/ files (mailman, welcome, etc). I
usually comment all of them out and encapsulate the needed code into
virtual include files other places, which can then be tracked in version
control.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer