[CentOS] httpd not starting after 4.3 update

Fri Mar 24 11:31:15 UTC 2006
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Troy Engel wrote on Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:51:00 -0800:

> I would not recommend renaming it; instead, edit the file and put a hash
> (#) in front of all the lines. The reason is that a future upgrade of
> mod_ssl will install a stock ssl.conf if it's missing, whereas if it's
> present (and commented out) it will remain intact.

Good advice. I didn't think about long term, though, just renaming is
quickly done and he can get going (if that was the problem) quickly while
starting to comment out or actually fix it ...
BTW: I'd expect newer config files go to *.rpmnew. I have done too few
upgrades on CentOS to know if that expectation is valid.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany