[CentOS] Forum Decorum: a reminder seems appropriate.

Thu Mar 30 01:15:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 13:04 -0800, Mike Stankovic wrote:
> Isn't there some kind of FAQ in place?

WRT how we think people should use the mailing list ... here it is:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

And a synopsis:

1. Please turn off HTML in your e-mail client for these mailing lists.
We have several subscribers who read the list with text only readers and
they can't easily read html formatted e-mails. There is a place
(somewhere) for the flowery stationary and themes that some mail clients
offer ... but this is not it. Again, please only post text e-mails to
these mailing lists.

2. Please do not top post to the mailing list when replying to a post.
(See the Quoting Style link above, and use the Interleaved text method,
deleting non-applicable text as required. If you need to reply to a
message, and you do not need to post in interleaved mode, please bottom
post instead of top posting.

Note: There are places to debate the merits of top posting and how it
might have some advantages in relation to Interleaved text or bottom
posting ... but this is not one of those places.

Please also visit the link above and read the 4 posted links