[CentOS] Forum Decorum: a reminder seems appropriate.

Thu Mar 30 01:50:55 UTC 2006
Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>

> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 13:04 -0800, Mike Stankovic wrote:
> > Isn't there some kind of FAQ in place?
> >

> WRT how we think people should use the mailing list ... here it is:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16
>
> And a synopsis:
>
> 1. Please turn off HTML in your e-mail client for these mailing lists.

My other Linux list rejects html mail with a polite message.

> 2. Please do not top post to the mailing list when replying to a post.

Excellent, Johnny, and you have a link to the standard netiquette in your link.

Summary of above suggestions:

3. Do a little basic research before posting and include the actual
errors you see rather than the lame "it's broke".

And my favorite gripe

4. Please trim your posts. When you reply, we don't need to see all
the wrapper crap from every mail in the thread.

And a suggestion.

At least one user suggested researching previous posts on this list.
It might be a good idea (TM) to post a link somewhere visible
instructing unfamiliar users how to find the archives.

And a final note for Peter and Craig

This post hand crafted by Morons 'R US: I disable selinux on all my systems.

--
Collins Richey