[CentOS] Possible to cause Yum to "reload" packages a second time?

Barry L. Kline blkline at attglobal.net
Tue May 2 20:59:11 UTC 2006

William L. Maltby wrote:

> I'm a rank amateur at this yum/rpm stuff, but maybe ignorant Qs will
> spark a thought? IIRC, rpm has a status check thingy that will check for
> missing files, wrong permits, etc. If the yum update really borked and
> got something into the rpm database as installed completed and that is
> erroneous, can't you ID the borked components with rpm and then do an
> install with force of the identified components?

I have already run that option:  rpm -Va.  There is nothing in the
output that points to my problem.  That said, I don't think that rpm -Va
would point out any flaws in my installation if the flaws were such that
they were the result of the lack of a cleanup script. For example, is a
cleanup script creates file X (perhaps a bogus example...) and X was not
part of the RPM package list, would rpm -Va be smart enough to note the
lack of X?  I'm guessing that it wouldn't.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Barry