[CentOS] Possible to cause Yum to "reload" packages a second time?

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Tue May 2 20:29:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 16:04 -0400, Adam Gibson wrote:
> Barry L. Kline wrote:
> > I wrote in a thread entitled "ip_conntrack_ftp fails to load on
> > CentOS4.3" that I had what I considered to be a borked upgrade, using
> > yum update.  When I went from 4.2 -> 4.3 I ceased to be able to use the
> > ip_conntrack_ftp module, thus cutting off my users from ftp access.
> >
> > What I'd like to do is get yum to rerun its update procedure, which
> > should allow any post processing that failed to complete properly to do
> > so.  I'm hoping that will add whatever missing piece is causing me the
> > grief.
> >

> I haven't found anything to do that.
> <snip just in time to be too late to be to be of help!  ;-)) >

I'm a rank amateur at this yum/rpm stuff, but maybe ignorant Qs will
spark a thought? IIRC, rpm has a status check thingy that will check for
missing files, wrong permits, etc. If the yum update really borked and
got something into the rpm database as installed completed and that is
erroneous, can't you ID the borked components with rpm and then do an
install with force of the identified components?

Although I love fully automated everything (NOT!) I never leave myself
in a state where only they can do what I want. But I'm a really old CLI
guy that has total mistrust of the Graphical Useless Interface.

HTH
--
Bill