[CentOS] Sound cards for Centros

Max H. btmanmeh at verizon.net
Thu May 18 12:27:43 UTC 2006

Bernard Lheureux wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 07:41 -0400, M.Hockings wrote:
> A soundcard for a server ????
> Why ??? What do you want to do with that machine, CentOS is built for
> SERVER PURPOSES and if you want to make a workstation linux-based I
> advise you to prefarably use Fedora Core or another desktop optimized
> distribution but CentOS (not Centros ;-)) is based on RedHat Enterprise
> Linux and is done to be a SERVER SOLUTION...

Works just fine as enterprise workstations for myself...Sure CentOS is
based of RHEL, but it's not specific only to the server/enterprise
niche. I run it on a personal laptop for a workstation and a personal
desktop at home for a workstation. Yes, they are both running "server"
packages, but CentOS is great for both. I install it many other places
as only a server, it does a great job there too. I'll be watching DVD's
on my CentOS install after I leave work on my trip. Does this mean I'm
using it wrong... you can use it for whatever you want. That is what's
great about Linux. ;)

Max