[CentOS] Folding at Home + CentOS 4.3 = success

Chris Mauritz

chrism at imntv.com
Mon May 22 17:56:31 UTC 2006

The Folding at Home client seems to be a wonderful stressor of the CentOS
server systems I've been burning in.  I've been running two copies of
the client on physical dual-core and single die dual-core machines for a
few days now.  Nary a whimper from the machines and only a slight
elevation in temperature (they're 1RU rackmount systems with
aggressive/loud fans).  In contrast, I loaded the client on a few Win2K
(server and workstation) and my WinXP laptop and every single one of
them eventually bombed out the client (though without crashing the
machines).  All were running the 5.04beta client.

So I guess it's time to deploy these puppies.  (Darn, just when I was
poised to break into the top 10 on the CentOS team...heh)

Cheers,