[CentOS] Load Balancing

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue May 23 23:26:18 UTC 2006

Mace Eliason wrote:
> I have been searching the internet looking for info on setting up a
> cluster using csgfs repo, but I am not sure which files I need.  All the
> instruction on the RH site talk about using up2date but that doesn't work.
> Is there a yum groupinstall "Cluster" ?  I don't see anything on the
> grouplist.
> Which files should be install to run a cluster.  I realize it depends on
> my situation.  Basically I want to cluster LAMP.
>

> Karanbir Singh wrote:

>>> personally is you want a commercial system i would go for Zeus as it
>>> installs onto commodity x86 hardware or if you want open source then the
>>> Linux LVS project is a good bet
>>>

>> take a look at the csgfs repo's as well - that has pretty much
>> everything you need to make this sort of a cluster.

the docs at http://www.centos.org/docs/4/ should all work fine, and with
the right repo setup in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources  up2date should also
work, you need a line at the end that goes like this :

yum centos4-csgfs http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/csgfs/$ARCH/

also, please dont top post - and specially not if you expect a response
from someone. you'll find a large number of people here in this list (
and on most such lists ) tend to ignore top posted emails.