[CentOS] weird install issue

Wed May 3 16:59:49 UTC 2006
Joe Pruett <joey at clean.q7.com>

here is my confusion.  if comps can be installed from a disk 1 only
install, then it doesn't rely on anything from disks 2-4.  so how can it
(and nothing else) get pushed to near the bottom of the list of packages?
it gets installed between cdrecord and db4-java.  and for some reason it
also is listed as being installed a second time at the very end of
install.log.  it would make more sense to be done off disk 1 when the
other disk 1 packages are installed, or at the very end, but in the middle
of disk 4?

i can live with the disk swap and/or use network install.  i just am
pointing it out as a very odd thing that seemed like an oversight to me.
i'd be happier if i could grasp the underlying logic that causes the
behaviour.